When it comes to discussing the causes and natural treatment for Halitosis, there are a few essential matters to consider. Halitosis is a medical term that refers to bad breath. This could be an embarrassing problem and may lead to some social problems. The following are the major causes that lead to the development of this issue:
- Eating certain foods, such as onions and garlic.
- Fasting and hunger for an extended period of time.
- Tooth decay
- Gum diseases, such as periodontitis.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Smoking, as it may cause periodontitis.
- Unusual dryness of the mouth, which is called xerostomia. This can usually happen during sleep. Moreover, there are certain medications, which can cause dry mouth as well. And these drugs include high blood pressure, antihistaminics, and Parkinson’s disease medications.
In addition to the above-mentioned factors, there are some other causes as well. Other reasons include respiratory infections, tonsillitis, sinusitis, and gastro-oesophageal reflux.
With that being said, let’s now focus on the natural treatment for Halitosis: